Wednesday, August 8, 2007

No longer a pencil and paper user!

It's been awhile since I posted. But we are still chugging along with our new budget. Paid off a little more debt too.

I've noticed it's really easy to get lazy (it has been HOT lately and who wants to cook) and blow the grocery budget by going out to eat too often.

The biggest change was this week I went from a pencil and paper budget to doing it on the computer!!

Yeah-I know. Welcome to the 21st century!

I discovered that Microsoft's website has some nifty little premade templates to use in Excel. I was able to download quite a few budget templates. With only a few changes to personalize them, they are going to work great for us.

I'm usually the one to work on the budget, so now I can just email my hubby the spreadsheet for him to look at.

How is everyone else doing?

Are you a pencil and paper budgeter? Or are you high speed with your fancy spreadsheets and computer programs?

What do you use to keep track of your budget and checkbook?

No comments: